Curriculum VitaeI design change management, transition management, and communication strategies to improve organizational learning.
MS, Information and Knowledge Strategy
New York, NY
BS, Journalism and Public Relations
University of Oregon
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Identifying and consolidating expertise, skills, and resources from MECap Fellows to inform Agency-wide learning agendas and program designs. Harvesting capacity development outcomes to evaluate and interpret observable changes in USAID behavior, relationships, activities, or actions influenced by Fellows. Analyzing and presenting program information as answers to strategic learning questions.
Implemented organizational development interventions to improve technical knowledge, skills, and abilities among for the Uganda Mission operating $400M annually. Analyzed work processes, procedures, and systems to increase operational efficiency. Improved effectiveness by incorporating practical collaboration, learning, and adaptive management clause in acquisition and award documents. Bridged strategic thinking and project design processes to initiate dialogue and engagement between USAID/Uganda, government officials, and civil society. Collaboratively developed learning agendas to support adaptive management. Supported multiple teams by designing, facilitating, and documenting processes that implement agency policy on monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Knowledge Sharing Consultant
Informed organizational learning for a demographically changing workforce by investigating and analyzing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to knowledge retention, knowledge absorption, and multi-generational collaboration. Developed a change management strategy that builds on the ConocoPhillips award-winning Knowledge Sharing program.
Communication & Collaboration Specialist
USAID Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL) Office of Learning, Evaluation, and Research (LER), Expanding Monitoring and Evaluation Capacities (MECap)
Developed, managed, and coordinated learning activities for Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Design, and Learning Fellows with multiple Washington-based USAID operating units to deliver effective and well-informed technical assistance to USAID missions. Pre-service and in-service training developed to advance collaboration, learning, and adaptive management. Facilitated and provided technical, strategic, structural, and tactical community-of-practice design support to the LER-led Evaluation Interest Group activity. The activity gained 150 participants representing 16 Washington operating units and 30 missions interested in continuous learning and development. Designed, planned, and managed communication and collaboration strategies and activities for the USAID/PPL/LER. Contributed to development of Agency-wide policy and procedures related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Knowledge Management Specialist
MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Conceived, planned, and investigated the role of learning, translation, and adaptation in communities of practice to strengthen health systems. Led a four-person knowledge management and communication team to make strategic information and knowledge—generated by a USAID-supported $181M health system strengthening project—available to health practitioners in USAID-priority countries. Coordinated visits to Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Kenya to capture and share stories of effective practices adopted in strengthened systems. Provided technical communication and knowledge management assistance to local teams. Conducted the first Knowledge Management workshop for Nigeria’s National Agency for the Control of AIDS Knowledge Management team to build critical relationships to aid the mission and cultivate knowledge-sharing networks.
Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon
2003 – 2005
Coordinated mass communication, media relations, high-level meetings, and special events for a $350M mass transportation development project. Led state representatives on comprehensive tours of Portland’s mass transit system. Translated technical information into plain language for target audiences. Oversaw development and production of print and digital communication materials.
- Columbia University. (2015, August 28). Increasing the efficiency of how knowledge is consumed by different generations. Information and Knowledge Strategy Summer Residency. Columbia University; New York, New York: Wyatt, LD, Khan Y, Dlott J.
- MEASURE Evaluation. (2014). Connecting People to Improve Monitoring and Evaluation of Global Health Programs. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Wyatt L, Nicholson J, Isenhower W.
- Measurement, Learning & Evaluation Project. (2011). Knowledge Management for Data Use and Decision Making. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Schurmann A., Gordon* L, Mwaikambo L.
- Gordon* L. (2013, February 12) Strategic Knowledge Management for Monitoring and Evaluation Teams. Strategic Knowledge Management for M&E Teams Workshop. Nigeria National Agency for the Control of AIDS; Abuja, Nigeria
- Gordon* L., Schurmann A. (2012, May 2) Communicating Data and Building Skills for Decision Making. CORE Group Spring Meeting. CORE Group, Wilmington, Delaware
- Gordon* L. (2012, March 12) Knowledge Management for Data Use and Decision Making in International Public Health. Communication team meeting. Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program, Jhpiego, Washington, District of Columbia
- Gordon* L. (2011, October 6) Making Connections Using Social Media. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney SE Region Innovation Exchange. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Gordon* L. (2011, June 7) Knowledge Management for Data Use and Decision Making in International Public Health. HIPNet Quarterly Meeting. Health Information Publication Network, Washington, District of Columbia
Certifications, Memberships, and Other Honors
- Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Network (member)
- Certified Meeting Facilitator, Health Information & Publications Network (member)
- Global Health Knowledge Collaborative (member)
- Social Media Working Group (member)
- INROADS (alumnus)
Select Methods Training
- Building Effective Knowledge Strategy and Services, 2015, Columbia University
- Organizational Strategy and Learning, 2016, Columbia University
- Effective Knowledge Networks and Collaboration, 2015, Columbia University
- Information and Knowledge Strategy in the 21st Century, 2015, Columbia University
- Findability and Innovation with Information, 2015, Columbia University
- Sustainable Development, 2014, Columbia University
- M&E Fundamentals, 2008, MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Stakeholder Analysis, 2010, MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Questionnaires and Surveys, 2010, MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.